Restaurant Branding & Marketing
With thousands of restaurants in Rome to choose from, our client was looking for a brand awareness campaign which would 1) appeal to locals and 2) grab the eye of online visitors through search strength and presentation. The restaurant was established in 1959 and after our design team visited and tasted the tradition Roman food, we were inspired.
The restaurant logo was cleverly positioned against the view from the restaurant. Seeing as the Vatican / St Peter Cathedral was just a stone throw away, this fit nicely into the future branding campaign we were about to launch, particularly as this part of Rome was on the must-see list of every tourist.
The logo was created by sketch and then transformed into vector form with Adobe Illustrator. This was then used throughout the restaurant's menus, wine labels, plates and the logo engraved into the entrance of the restaurant. The logo design is the view from the restaurant's terrace seating area - a direct look at Saint Peter Cathedral in the center of Rome, with the old Roman rail bridge in front of it.
The website for Osteria dei Pontefici was designed around their unique wall paint textures. The restaurant is divided into 3 major colours, violet, red and beige. The violet room walls were photographed in high resolution and used for the overall site colour scheme.
ADVERTISING AND MARKETING - SPREADING THE IMAGE
Once the initial logo design and website was done, it was time to get industrious and get the word out, spreading the company image everywhere. In this scenario we had to forumulate an exact strategy to target the local vast tourism public and the web viewers. This included:
- Fliers with maps hand delivered to tourist groups, hotels, local bars and other outlets.
- Raising awareness on tourist portals. We added the restaurant to over 400 portals and tourism blogs
- Link building services. We did some aggressive SEO work through link building from external resources. Utilizing our existing marketing network, we were able to get very effective one-way links to the site. The client did not want a blog, nor did they want to clutter the site, so the strength of the SEO had to all be external.
- Branded e-newsletters
- Print advertisements
- Distribution of general fliers & promo slips
- Creation of other gimmicks with branded wine labels, business cards and invites
This restaurant gets over 250 bookings a week through the online SEO campaign and general marketing. It holds Google first page results for over 45 high competition and mid competition search terms and literally never has a "slow day".