The Best Way To Market Your Business Online
Many people are learning how to stop waking up early to punch in a clock, and avoid staying in jobs they hate. The best and easiest way to quick working the cubicle world or dead end jobs that steal away passion is to start a business. Once you've started a business you're ready to learn the best way to market business online.
First and foremost it should be noted that online marketing doesn't mean to just start a website. This is one of the misconceptions that people have in regards to business online. If you do not have a website, it's value and success will be due to the quantity and skill of your online marketing campaigns as well as your site optimisation - Both of these subjects have to be worked with together, in complete unison.
A good website is the first step to promoting your business. A good website doesn't need to have full of pages and countless sub-pages to have authority, nor does it need to be too elaborate. All you need is a few good pages that give new users all the information about your business. If you have a building & contracting business, make sure you post your hours, phone number, contact information and what it is your business does. A good photo of the outside and inside of your business area or work locations can really go a long way too.
In essence, it is not enough to just have a website; 10,000 new websites are built every day. You have to capitalize on your market through effective search engine techniques. There are many UK and London Web Design companies who can provide an excellent web design service.
After you've established a website, there are many options to start marketing the website yourself, or for larger companies getting your marketing team going.
- Get your company listed in as many free or paid directories as possible. Try avoid low quality directories filled with spam and badly designed as these can usually penalise your site rather than benefit it. Additionally, low quality directories probably don't have many visitors to pass on to you.
- Create a Facebook and Twitter page. Try keep these updated with real content, company news, links to products which others may enjoy or helpful articles within your industry.
- If you see a company in a sister industry to yours (if you are a building contractor, then perhaps door suppliers or related blogs), get in touch via email and see if they will exchange links with your website.
- Start a blog! This is a great way to 1) generate new visitors to your site, 2) Creat interaction through comments and questions and 3) turn visitors into potential new clients. When using your blog, it is advised you use our SEO Copywriting guide.
- There are several Pay-per-click (PPC) options out there, the most popular being Google's PPC. However, as a suggestion, you should be willing to invest more rather than less when starting such a campaign as the PPC market is saturated. But saying that, it can get excellent results. You may want to consult a London SEO company first before starting this.
SEO Costs Vs Effectiveness
The upside down triangular diagram above will give you a good idea about SEO service costs on a gradient scale. At the bottom of the triangle you will see Email Marketing, generally the cheapest but very effective method of marketing to your clients. Email Marketing is beneficial if you have solid contact lists of past clients and subscribers.
As you move up the triangle with SEO, SEM (Search Engine Marketing), PPC and paid ad banners the effectiveness increases but with extra costs involved. Thus you will also see that the further you go up the triangle the more potential your SEO campaign has.
Some have said that the best way to market business online is through social networking websites. These websites are frequented by millions upon millions of people, and are a great option for people looking to connect with new customers a personal level. The downside to this type of marketing is that it's easy to be labeled as spam. When you venture forward into this type of business promotion, make sure that you are honest, sincere and offer information that is not necessarily hitting people in the face with the fact that you're selling something, promoting something. Giving people a variety of information will help establish a good relationship with others, and can help create customers over time. You can find out more about Facebook marketing options here.
If you're confused as to what to do after you've set up a simple website, or you have started to promote your company online, consider getting a marketing package from a qualified SEO Company. A good online marketing company can help you out greatly with step-by-step programs to implement a winning marketing solution. A good online marketing company will know the ropes and understand the exact sequence to go about launching a new business online - successfully. Remember, that millions of potential customers are surfing the Internet on a daily basis, and without a solid online marketing plan, you will miss out on the potential that is out there.